Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bowled!!

The day was ordinary as usual until I happened to see her.Serendipity was playing its part.She was extra ordinary. She was seated directly opposite to me in college bus going back to south campus where I stay. Had she been any foreigner I would have control my nerves.She was a Desi. An Indian. How do I know??? Don't ask this question ever again to any Indian living in US.Desi girls are really endangered species here and so we developed the skills to recognize them at the very first sight.Boy! she was a stunner, a real looker. Albeit I am known to be a very shy guy in my fraternity but today I was not in mood to be one. I was not going to let the opportunity go.I started looking in her eyes. Do I hear you say "Ogling". Yes you are right I was ogling at her.I think she sensed that and was looking away from me.That ten minutes ride might be the longest drive for her and definitely the most pleasant drive for me.

I watched her going as she got off from the bus.Then suddenly an insane thought occurred to me. I approached her from behind and yelled "Excuse me miss I need to tell you something". "What?", She said blankly."I know this will sound like a cliche but you are very beautiful". Damn!! did I just hear myself saying these words to her. I will never watch Shahrukh Khan movies again.No way she will be impressed with this silly statement. I was so engrossed in my weird thoughts that I didn't realize she was more nearer to me."Thank you" she said smiling. Yipeeee!!! I screamed out loud inside my head."I didn't get your name by the way" I asked. "Aditi", she said. "Hi, I am Rahul. Nice to meet you".

It was probably our fourth meeting when I planned to propose her.I have never felt like this for anyone else before(no seriously).I am not very good at playing with words so decided to keep it simple.I also remembered the dialogue from a Jim Carrey movie. Simple is nice.Nice is Beautiful."Adi, I Love you", I said.Long Pause.I could sense the tension.Say something damn it!!. "Me too" She said at last.Romance was in the air. I hold her hands and about to kiss her when I heard her say "This can't be done.This is a NP complete problem".What??? How can a kiss be NP complete? Are you nuts? I felt a sudden jerk. Kapil was shaking me saying " Lets go dude.Class is over" It was algorithm class.I was in my own world during the boring lecture.I boarded the bus back to south campus.Good things happen only once and that too in dreams. I was alone in the bus.

11 comments:

  1. Dude , I wish that was real and not anydream. But worry not, someday it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. that was described in a cute way,....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew from the start that it was yet another dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir me to, (like Mudit sir) guessed in very beginning that it can't be real(for you)....You would be the last one(among all the guys whom i am acquainted with) for this to be real.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post sir..havent read such a subtle and sensistive romantic story!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aditi hmm...!! thank god she was a desi.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. good one jain saab........ In the middle i thought i was reading excerpts from cheta bhagat novel...... u shaped it well!! nice work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh!Did i saw it correctly...let me check,oh yes it's wht i expected...Brother i guess u didn't found any name except d above 4 d name of a girl...hmmmm it seems u r really fascinated by her...Guys don't take it seriously i m just kidding...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Shivangi -
    Believe you me, Aditi is a pure fiction. Don't read more into it.

    ReplyDelete